Historical Green Houses (Zoo Stuttgart)
Historical green houses located near the Moorish Villa at the Zoo Stuttgart (Wilhelma).
Reconstruction of the first cast iron structure in Germany built in the year 1842.
The construction of the longhouses was completely disassembled, protected against corrosion, repaired or renewed and newly glazed. Due to soil settlements the octagons had to be lifted and readjusted. The construction could be restored to its original state by means of elimination of former repair attempts.
Staatl. Vermögens- und Hochbauamt Stuttgart
Fahr + Röper, Stuttgart
1997 - 2001